THERE IS NO PRESENTATION TEMPLATE THIS YEAR
- Presentations (voice over slides) will be 15 minutes (recorded) maximum
- Video presentations will need to be submitted as an MP4 file
- When saving your presentation, name it using the following format
- ICES-2021-XXX-Video.mp4 (ex: for Paper ID #601 the file name should be: ICES-2021-601-Video.mp4)
- The deadline to submit your recorded presentation is Tuesday, 15 June 2021
Upload your file
The week of 25 May 2021 each selected presenter will be emailed and asked to upload their video presentation through a Dropbox File Request. If you are unable to upload the file through this method you can send to us via WeTransfer by following these simple steps:
- Go to www.WeTransfer.com
- Click on the blue “Add your files” icon
- Choose your video file named “ICES-2021-xxx-Video.mp4“
- Enter: email@example.com in the “Email to” field
- Enter your email address in the “Your email” field
- Enter a message if you wish
- Click on the Transfer button
- Camera tips: Try to look directly at the camera as if you were making eye contact with someone in the audience. Adjust your camera height ensuring it is centered; the lens should either be directly level to your face or be pointing ever so slightly downwards towards your face. Use books to raise your laptop if necessary.
- Test your microphone—do a recording test with both video and audio and see if you are satisfied with the quality. If the microphone on your computer is not picking up your voice, consider obtaining an external microphone to help with speech clarity during your talk.
- Use a headset if you have one, the sound quality will be better for everyone. The embedded microphone in your laptop will sometimes produce a muffled version of your voice and at times you will experience echo.
- Lighting tips: Never place lights behind you. Go for soft bright lighting from behind the camera to light your face. If it is daytime, consider sitting in front of a window. Natural indirect lighting works extremely well.
- Be aware of your surroundings and what will be captured in the video. Virtual backgrounds may be an option, but we recommend only using them if you have a green screen.
Commonly Used TOOLS for Recording a Presentation
You can record narration for a presentation right within PowerPoint. To record and play back sound, your computer must be equipped with a microphone and speakers
To learn HOW TO RECORD a slide show with narration and slide timings follow this link: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Record-a-slide- show-with-narration-and-slide-timings-0B9502C6-5F6C-40AE-B1E7-E47D8741161C
To record in Teams you need to have a Microsoft 365 account
- When in Teams, select the Calendar Icon on the left side of the screen
- Select the “Meet Now” button in the upper right of the Teams App
- Once in the meeting, you can update your background image or blur your background by clicking the ellipsis “…” menu and selecting ““show background effects”. Choose your preferred option and click “Apply”
- Next, share your presentation content using the “share screen” button
- When you are ready, click the ellipsis “…” and select “Start Recording”
- When you are done with your presentation, you can click the red phone icon to end the recording
- Your video will automatically be uploaded to Microsoft Stream and you will receive an email when it is ready
- Follow the link in the email and you will be given the option to edit and download your presentation video
- SAVE as an Mp4 file
- Log in to Zoom and click on “New Meeting” (no additional participants necessary)
- If you would like to update your background, click on the Up Arrow next to the camera in the bottom left corner, select Virtual Background, and then Add/Choose Background
- Open your PowerPoint Presentation
- Adjust your camera, microphone, lighting, get comfortable with the location of the buttons in the app
- Click Share Screen (the Green Arrow Pointing Up at the bottom options bar)
- Select the PowerPoint application
- Start your PowerPoint Slide show to enter Full Screen
- Select from top options bar or Alt+C or Alt+R to start/stop recording to the cloud or your computer (depends on your license)
- Run a test to make sure you like what you see/hear by recording for a few minutes and then watching your video. You will have the option to save to your computer or to the cloud when you begin the recording. Your file will be converted to an MP4 file when you end the meeting.